The Karel Appel Foundation issues Certificates of Authenticity for paintings according to its policy.
New policy as of March 1, 2016
Until further notice the Foundation does not process authenticity requests for works on paper and works on paper mounted on canvas (papier marouflé sur toile).
To apply for a Certificate of Authenticity:
- Download the Application Form and the Terms & Conditions.
- Fill out and sign both forms.
- Send the forms to the Karel Appel Foundation, together with all professional photographic material:
- digital high resolution colour image of front and backside of the work, 60 MB TIFF format
- colour photograph, 15 x 20 cm
- black & white photograph, 15 x 20 cm
- photograph of the backside, 15 x 20 cm